Holy Monastery of Docheiariou 1050 AD
It is also known as the Monastery of the Archangels, since after many miracles it was dedicated to Their Grace. It was originally built in the name of Agios Nikolaos.
The history of the foundation of the monastery
It is the first coastal Monastery on its southwest side Athonite peninsula. Tradition has it that the co-ascetic and student of Agios Athanasios, Efthymios, who was called "Docheiari" because he was previously a storekeeper at the Holy Monastery of Megisti Lavra, wants its founder.
The first monastery was built in Daphne and later in its current location, after the year 1050 approximately. At the end of the 11th century, the active Abbot of Neophytos renovated and enlarged the Monastery. From the series he holds in his Typika Mount Athos Her prosperity during the first three centuries of her life is also concluded.
Watch the Documentary about the Holy Monastery of Docheiariou
This documentary is a Russian production, which is accompanied by Greek subtitles.
From the end of the 13th century and the beginning of the 14th, it shows a decline, due to pirate raids. Subsequently, it was significantly strengthened by the Byzantine Emperor John Palaiologos and the King of Serbia Stefanos Dusan. With the Turkish occupation and other national catastrophes it fell into decline until the beginning of the 16th century. Epanakbut with the substantial contribution of Andrianoupolis Priest George, who was healed in the holy water of the Holy Archangels and the family of the Ruler of Moldavia, John Lepusneanus.
During the Greek revolution of 1821, the Holy Monastery of Docheiariou lost all its movable property.
Spatial Description of the Monastery
With Amphitheater Position
It is the most picturesque monastery complex, due to its morphology and amphitheater position, with cypress trees in the surrounding area and the separate chimneys. Despite its small sloping courtyard dominated by the Catholicos, its inner sense is of a small island settlement. It occupies the tenth place among the Athonite Monasteries.
The Guardians of Avatos
The imposing Defense Tower
The Monastery forms an irregular pentagon, with its defensive tower protruding on its eastern side. As in front of him, stand the Guards of the Mountain, the Archangels to whom the Holy Monastery is dedicated
It was converted into a convent in 1980 with the Sigil of the Ecumenical Patriarch Demetrius. The abbot of the monastery is Elder Amfilochios.
Pine honey Mount Athos Holy Monastery of Docheiariou 500 gr7,50 €
Sousoura Honey 500 gr Holy Monastery of Docheiariou8,30 €
Anthomelo Mount Athos 500 g Holy Monastery of Docheiari7,50 €
Kastanomelo Mount Athos 500 g Holy Monastery of Docheiari8,00 €
Heather Honey with Pine 500 g of the Holy Monastery of Dochiariou8,20 €
Heather with Pine Mixed 1kg of the Holy Monastery of Docheiariou15,80 €
Kastanomelo of Mount Athos 1Kg Holy Monastery of Docheiariou15,00 €
Pine honey of Mount Athos 1kg Holy Monastery of Docheiari14,50 €
Sousoura Honey 1kg Holy Monastery of Docheiari15,80 €
Anthomelo Mount Athos 1kg Holy Monastery of Docheiariou14,50 €
Mount Athos Incense 50 gr Holy Monastery of Docheiariou4,00 €